Manuscripts in Progress
- Anxious Telling: Fragile Literary Culture in Early Wilhelmine Germany (monograph in preparation)
- The Becoming and Afterlife of Literature: Agents in the German Networked Literary Field (co-edited volume in preparation)
- A Companion to Slapstick (co-edited volume in preparation)
- “Cultivating Elite Politics: Carl Emil Franzos’s Deutsche Dichtung and the Politics of Painstaking Editorial Labor,” The Becoming and Afterlife of Literature: Agents in the German Networked Literary Field, ed. Vance Byrd and Ervin Malakaj (chapter submitted for review)
- “Senescence and Der Stechlin,” Fontane in the Twenty-First Century, ed. John Lyon and Brian Tucker (Rochester: Camden House) (chapter submitted for review)
- “Cruel Optimism and Post-68 Nostalgia in Helma Sanders-Brahms’ Unter dem Pflaster ist der Strand,” Celluloid Revolt: German Screen Cultures at the long Sixties, ed. Marco Abel and Christina Gerhardt (Rochester: Camden House) (chapter submitted for review)
- “Richard Oswald, Magnus Hirschfeld, and the Possible Impossibility of Hygienic Melodrama” (article under review)
- “Salable fiction: The Emotive Textualities of Wilhelm Jensen’s Karin von Schweden” (article under review)
- “Germany: A Historical Overview,” “Doris Dörrie,” and “Jutta Brückner,” Women Screenwriters: An International Guide, ed. Jill Nelmes and Jule Selbo (London: Pelgrave Macmillan, 2015): 363-74; 390-91; 394-96.
- “Wilhelm Raabe: Der Hungerpastor,” The Literary Encyclopedia. September 2014.
- “Wilhelm Raabe,” The Literary Encyclopedia. May 2014.
- “Hotel,” “Das Mädchen Rosemarie,” “Subjektitüde,” and “Die Trapp Familie.” Directory of World Cinema: Germany Volume II (Bristol: Intellect, 2014): 295-96, 224-26, 291-92, 222-24.
- “Hungerjahre – in einem reichen Land,” and “Shirins Hochzeit.” Directory of World Cinema: Germany Volume I (Bristol: Intellect, 2011): 248-50, 153-55.
- “Afterlives: Allegories of Film and Mortality in Early Weimar Germany. Steve Choe.” (submitted for review)
- “Realism and Romanticism in German Literature. Ed. Dirk Göttsche and Nicholas Saul.” Monatshefte. 107.3 (Fall 2015): 504-06.
- “Generic Histories of German Cinema: Genre and its Deviations. Jaimey Fisher, ed.” Focus on German Studies. 21 (2014): 101-02.
- “Marriage, Gender, and Desire in Early Enlightenment German Comedy. Edward T. Potter.” Focus on German Studies 20 (2013): 240-41.
- “Goethe, Kleist: Literatur, Politik, und Wissenschaft um 1800. Michael Mandelartz.” Focus on German Studies 19 (2012): 240-41.